Saturday, October 28, 2023

A Medley from my Machines

Sometimes I type stuff and then leave the paper in the platen to write more later. It makes sense for recurrent events and journaling. It's a little awkward when replying to Type Pals. I've spent way over a month writing letters, which is sort of neat to me, so I'll finish what was started and mail them off anyway. I'll even add a whole new letter, like a cover-page with apologies for taking so long to respond. This post is like one of those letters: Something old, something new, something random, something cool, in a typecast just for you.





Cute, huh? All lines are 8 syllables, so they could be songs too. I'd have to investige which typewriter was the first one. The other two are definitely from that first Electra 220 because I recognize Regency #80 by the unmistakable "g" like it's handwritten

Next are ramblings during two Typewriter Club Live chats. If you're the type of person who'll read anything just because it was written on a typewriter, then here's just the thing for you. ;-D


Yikes! That was way too many first person "I..." sentences. Learning to write better will require more thoughtful typewriting time. Fun!

 

7 comments:

  1. This was fun reading! I’m also looking forward to your future writing projects. Thank you for keeping the blog going,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Likewise as well! Because of you & Munk, I'm busting out my 3D stuff to blog about too.

      Delete
  2. Wow, you are on a roll Mei! Understanding that you’ve been sailing in some pretty rough water for a while now, I’m hoping that this increase in output is reflective of life smoothing out for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bill and "yes" to all of what you said. The increased output on typewriters also helps me reflect and relax, very important in this crazy world.

      Delete
  3. So nice to see Henry in use! Do you name all your typewriters?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only the first dozen or so have names. After that it's too hard to keep track, ha! However if I find the previous owners names in the paperwork, I'll name them after them. I have several that are named after the states from where they were shipped.

      Delete

Please do tell what you like about typewriters.

Typewriter Blogroll