Sunday, April 17, 2022

Royal Easter Weekend


     I gifted my sister a custom gold Royal O for her birthday last year. She asked me specifically for a champagne gold with glass keys model to match her décor, a combination that I've never seen before. Unplug Typewriter Co came to the rescue, restoring a scruffy machine with a cork platen into a beautiful work of art that types like a dream. Often when I visit, I'll type a little something about the good times we're having.  It's like a little timeline of our family gatherings.  She's had the typewriter well over a year now and still I'm the sole person who has ever typed anything significant it.

     If I don't go with them, I'm the usual house and pet sitter when my sister's family goes on vacations.  The Royal O is a nice machine and all, but I still prefer the ease of the electric machines.  I brought my Sears Medalist with the intent to type several pages of personal writings and letters to type pals.  This is as far as I got...








2 comments:

  1. I don't know how I missed this entry before, but I'm really glad that I did finally happen upon it. That you used typewriters in part to create it is a bonus, but the real joy is found in the words and photos themselves as you've managed to capture such a beautiful little slice of life here. I have a couple of so-called special needs dogs at the moment. Despite their shortcomings, even in the worst of times they're both capable of melting me within mere moments of holding me in their respective gazes. That Trooper is one lucky boy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I backdate posts to when I actually typed them. I've been slowly updating my old typewrittten stuff from up to two years ago. What's interesting is that the Typosphere blogroll recognizes my new-old posts as the latest update and so my blog will show up further down the list.

      Delete

Please do tell what you like about typewriters.

Typewriter Blogroll