Saturday, August 15, 2020

Sears w/ Correction, a 1984 Brother JP-1

    My little Japanese ultra-portable is all shiny and clean and just needs fresh ribbon. No manual but easy enough to operate. This Sears w/ correction, model 268.5200, is a Brother JP-1 from 1985.  It is one of my favorite lightweight yet sturdy bare-bones ultra portable. I left the ribbon sticker on for a few weeks before finally cleanly removing it. However I left the previous info on the bottom of the typewriter.



    This is Delores E. Jarboe. I found her contact info on the bottom of the typewriter and so I researched to find her obituary. Apparently the family did not want her old typewriter, so it wound up at an Iowa Goodwill store where I won it in an online auction. Sometimes it makes me sad when people give away treasures after loved ones have passed, but I don't dwell too much because that is how us collectors get typewriters!



    Dolores Jarboe, 89, of Cedar Rapids, Iowa, passed away at Hiawatha Care Center on July 19, 2020. Dolores was born in Carroll, Iowa, on Nov. 9, 1930, to Samuel and Elizabeth (Neuerberg) Trigg. Survivors include her four children, Richard (Marilene) Julich, Daryl (Leslie) Julich, Rowanne (Rick) Glawe and Jacqueline (Gregg) Carpenter; six grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren. Dolores is preceded in death by her parents; her loving husband, Walter Jarboe; and three siblings, Marney, John and Wes. Per Dolores's request, there will be no services. Donations may be sent to St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital. Online condolences may be directed to the family at www.iowacremation.com under obituaries.






    From my post at Antique Typewriter Collectors:

    "I'm posting just the pics for now from my phone. Later I'll boot up the computer to add all the details of my second chapter of Adventures in Typewriter Repair Land."




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do tell what you like about typewriters.

Typewriter Blogroll